The United Kingdom is a truly extraordinary place: a melting pot of ideas and cultures, fascinating history and one of the world’s most celebrated capitals. There are numerous ancient towns and cities, each with their own distinctive character and culture, surrounded by beautiful and easily accessible countryside and dramatic coastlines. Scotland is renowned for its golf courses, the most famous of which are to be found in the Central Belt of the country. Here also are many of the finest sights the country has to offer, from castles and ruined churches to country houses and palaces. On our golf tour, you will be able to golf in three of the most important golf destinations in the world, and also take the opportunity to sample a selection of the attractions.
Belmond Royal Scotland – Grand Tour of Great Britain (8 days)
"Experience the enchanting beauty of three different countries, Scotland, Wales and England.
- Depart from Edinburgh and travel through Perth, enjoy afternoon tea on the Highland Line to Aviemore.
- Visit estate of Rothiemurchus for clay pigeon shooting and wildlife walks.
- visiting Culloden Battlefield and Strathisla Distillery, the oldest operating distillery in the Highlands
- Historical walking tour of Chester, including a drinks reception in the cathedral.
- Visit Gwydir Castle and the walled town of Caernarfon with its picturesque castle.
- Enjoy a journey on a steam train into Snowdonia National Park.
- Travel to the Isle of Anglesey for a private tour of Plas Cadnant Estate, one of North Wales' best kept secrets
- In Bath, enjoy a guided tour of the Roman baths and time to explore the World Heritage-listed city.
- Visit Cambridge and historic Corpus Christi College, including the Parker library with its medieval and Renaissance manuscripts and enjoy a leisurely punt on the River Cam.
- Guided walking tour of the city of York, including York Minster.
- Enjoy a celebratory private viewing of Alnwick Castle